Program Coordinator 80-100%
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working in over 70 countries, we strive for a just world where children can live free from poverty, violence and injustice.
To fulfil the promise of the 2030 Global Goals, Plan International works to:
- Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability.
- Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face.
- Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity.
- Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood.
By 2022, Plan International will take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
To help us in achieving these ambitions, Plan International Switzerland is looking for a committed and passionate program coordinator (80-100%) in our Zurich office from February 1, 2020 or per agreement. The initial contract is for 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
Plan International Switzerland implements programs in education, early childhood education and vocational training. As program coordinator, you will oversee the implementation of international development programmes across several countries. Reporting to the Head of Programs for Plan International Switzerland, you will be responsible for:
- Tracking and managing project implementation, working closely with country office teams, to ensure quality results and compliance with donor requirements
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting, as well as quality assurance
- Supporting the development of the program portfolio through grants prospecting and project proposal development, in collaboration with Plan Switzerland’s partnerships team and the Plan International global network
- Providing technical support in communication with donors, as well as in project-based communication initiatives more broadly
- University degree in a relevant field (For ex: Development Studies, International Relations, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience in international development work, including field experience in a developing country context
- Proven experience in project cycle management (PCM) and in monitoring and evaluation
- Commitment to children’s rights and girls’ empowerment; knowledge of gender equality concepts a plus
- Strong oral and written German and English; Spanish language skills a plus
- Team player, strong organizational skills, and ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel internationally
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch by November 22nd. For questions, please contact Head of Programs Elizabeth Kiewisch, 044 288 90 56.