Head of Major Donor Relations 80-100%
Plan International Switzerland is a non profit organization working to advance gender equality and girl's rights. Our programs create the conditions for adolescent girls and young adults to be educated, safe and economically empowered. We aim at unlocking potential to create a gender equal world. To achieve this objective, we actively involve communities in more than 75 contries.
As of September 1st or per agreement, we are looking for a Head of Major Donor Relations in our Zurich office.
Within a growing team of 18 people, you will report directly to the National Director. As the Head of Major Donor Relations you will manage key donor relationships and lead a team of two grants coordinators. You will be responsible for researching and recruiting new major donors, and planning, implementing, managing and coordinating our major donor activities to achieve Plan Switzerland's growth and targets. The Major Donor Partnerships Department ist the key liaison office between program implementation and our partners. You will work closely with the program and the communications teams in order to provide high quality deliverables to donors. In addition, you will engage in an international environment with other Plan offices around the world.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Development and operational implementation of the Major Donors Strategy
- Implementation and monitoring of strategic indicators
- New major donor acquisition and retention (Foundations, Corporates and Institutions) in Switzerland
- Preparation and submission of project proposals and reports, in close collaboration with the program department, and in compliance with the donors' expectations
- Expand and build relationships with the network of existing major donors
- Representation of the organization at conferences and network meetings
- Design tailor made events and conferences for major donors
- Manage and motivate a team of 2 people
This exciting role will suit a team minded and passionate relationship builder, keen to help shape our growing and dynamic organisation. Ideally, you have in-depth knowledge of the non-profit sector and you have at least 5 years experience in program management, grants implementation, partners/clients management, fundraising, business development or a closely related field.
Ideally, you have the following skills:
- Master’s degree in development, economics or related field
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Strong synthetic, analytical and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English, with knowledge of German & French a distinct advantage
- A proactive and independent way of working
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to think out of the box and propose creative solutions
- Advanced formatting skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a team of passionate people, please send your resume and cover letter to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch before June 7, 2020. For more information, please contact Suba Umathevan, National Director, suba.umathevan(at)plan.ch.