Grants Coordinator 80-100%
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working in over 70 countries, we strive for a just world where children can live free from poverty, violence and injustice.
To fulfil the promise of the 2030 Global Goals, Plan International will take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive. Engaging and working together with donors, supporters and partners is key to help us achieve that goal and deliver a greater impact.
To help us attract and retain major Swiss players (in particular foundations and institutions), we are looking for a grants coordinator (80-100%) in our Zürich office from February 1, 2020 or per agreement. The initial contract is for 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
Within a growing team of 13 passionate people, you will work in a partnerships team of 3 people. As a grants coordinator, you will be the key liaison between the program implementation and the partners, with the aim to maximize our impact on children – especially girls. You will work closely with the program and the communication teams in order to provide high quality proposals and reports to our donors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching grant opportunities from Swiss foundations and institutions
- Working closely with the program teams (in Switzerland and/or in other Plan International offices) to identify the best matching programs
- Developing high quality and persuasive proposals in accordance with the prospects’ requirements
- Working in close collaboration with the program department to prepare the reports to be sent to the donors
- Developing high quality reports and help to meet the reporting requirements of the donors
- Securing new grants and cultivating the relationship with the donors (through meetings and/or calls)
- Actively participating in the implementation of the revenue growth strategy
You are a team player that works independently and is fluent in English. You enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment. You have a very good knowledge of the non-profit sector and you have at least 3 years’ experience in one of the following fields: program management, grants implementation, partner/client management, fundraising, business development or a closely related field.
Ideally, you have the following skills:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in development work, economics or related field
- Very good knowledge of programs implementation and related management tools
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to think out of the box and propose creative solutions
- Advanced formatting skills in MS Word and Excel
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a team of passionate people, please send your resume and cover letter to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch before November 25, 2019. For questions, please contact Head of Partnerships Audrey Falduzzi, 044 288 90 51.