Program Coordinator 80-100%
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working in over 75 countries, we strive for a just world where children can live free from poverty, violence and injustice.
To fulfil the promise of the 2030 Global Goals, Plan International works to:
- Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability.
- Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face.
- Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity.
- Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood.
To help us in achieving these ambitions, Plan International Switzerland is looking for a committed and passionate
Program Coordinator (80-100%)
in our Zurich office from January 2, 2023 or per agreement. Partial teleworking possible, but presence in and work permit for Switzerland required.
Plan International Switzerland implements programs focusing on Inclusive, Quality Education, Protecting girls from Harmful Practices, and Youth Economic Empowerment. As program coordinator, you will oversee the implementation of a portfolio of 4-5 international development projects across several countries. You will be responsible for:
- Tracking and managing project implementation, working closely with country office teams, to ensure quality results and compliance with donor requirements
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting, as well as quality assurance
- Supporting the development of the program portfolio through grants prospecting and project proposal development, in collaboration with Plan Switzerland’s partnerships team and the Plan International global network
- Providing technical support in communication with donors, as well as in project-based communication initiatives more broadly
- University degree in a relevant field (For ex: Development Studies, International Relations, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience in international development work, including field experience in a developing country context
- Proven experience in project cycle management (PCM) of development projects and in monitoring and evaluation
- Commitment to children’s rights and girls’ empowerment; knowledge of gender equality, youth economic empowerment and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights concepts a strong plus
- Strong oral and written English; fluency in German and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills a plus
- Team player, strong organizational skills, and ability to work independently
- Advanced analytical abilities and the capacity to process project-based financial information
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, work certificates and diplomas to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch by October 6th.
In case of questions, please contact Elizabeth Kiewisch (Elizabeth.kiewisch(at)plan.ch, +41 44 244 1640). Emails are preferred.