Program Assistant 40-60%
Role Description: Program Assistant
Contract Type: 5 months (1.8 – 31.12.2023) with possibility of extension (until 31.12.2024)
Level of Effort: 40-60% (2-3 times per week)
Plan International Switzerland
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls since 1937. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Plan International Switzerland, a member of the global Plan Federation, leads projects globally focusing on Inclusive, Quality Education, Protecting girls from Harmful Practices, and Youth Economic Empowerment.
Plan International Switzerland is a member of the Zurich Flood Resilience Alliance (Alliance) and leads the overall coordination and management of flood resilience building projects implemented in in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Vietnam and the Philippines. Plan International Switzerland contributes to the steering of the program through the global governance bodies of the Alliance.
To support the Global Program Coordinator and Plan International country offices in the management and production of knowledge created for the Alliance, we are looking for a Program Assistant (40-60%) for a duration of 5 months (1.8 – 31.12.2023) + possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall support to Plan International in the Alliance by coordinating knowledge management and production. This includes
- regularly updating the knowledge tools used by the Alliance;
- tracking the progress in the production of knowledge at Plan International country offices through knowledge plans, and providing support where needed;
- providing support on documenting and publishing case studies and other knowledge products;
- providing indirect support to the Knowledge WG of the Alliance;
- closely coordinating with the Communications department of Plan International Switzerland for the distribution of knowledge through the organization’s website and social media.
- translating knowledge products from English into Spanish, and vice versa (Spanish language speakers only).
In addition, the Program Assistant is expected to provide support on other areas of work to the as required.
Note: An individual work plan will be defined together with the Student Assistant at the beginning of the employment. As far as possible, the student’s University time schedule will be taken into consideration.
- You are committed to the cause of children’s rights and gender equality
- Interest in international development and project cycle management
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Motivated team player, with strong attention to detail
- Cultural sensitivity, flexibility/adaptability, and ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Knowledge about additional software that may be useful for knowledge products
- Good Spanish language skills.
- Knowledge in disaster risk management, climate change adaptation and resilience
We offer a dynamic working environment, and you have the opportunity to help shape our organization with your initiative.
If this challenging and multifaceted role appeals to you, we look forward to receiving your application! Please send your complete application documents to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch by May 31, 2023.