Partnerships Coordinator (80%)
Plan International Switzerland (CHNO) was founded in 2006 and is one of 21 National Organisations (NOs) under the Plan Federation. With a Country Strategy (2020-2024) that aligns to its Global Strategy, CHNO’s program interventions focus on Education, Economic Empowerment and Protection of children, adolescent youth and particularly girls. Plan International Switzerland is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people from all forms of violence and abuse.
Contract Type – 2 year, with the possibility of extension
Reporting to – Head of Partnerships
Responsible for – Manage a portfolio of Swiss partners and attract funding via new partners which enables Plan International Switzerland to achieve its goals and impact through high-quality programs for children, and especially girls, worldwide.
To help us attract and retain Swiss donors (in particular foundations, institutions, corporates), we are looking for a Partnerships Coordinator (80%) based at our Zürich office from November 1, 2021 or per agreement.
Within a growing team of 15 passionate people, you will work in a Partnerships team of 3 people. As a Partnerships Coordinator, you will be the key liaison between the program implementation and our partners, with the aim to maximize our impact on children, youth – especially for girls, by securing income and building strategic long-term partnerships. You will work closely with the program and the communication teams to provide high quality proposals and reports to our existing and potential donors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Attain annual income targets by securing income from existing and new partners
- Professional partnership management with existing and potential foundations, institutions and corporates within your portfolio, building a cordial relationship of trust and openness
- Pro-actively scope and research new partnership opportunities
- Developing high quality and successful partnership proposals
- Ensuring high quality reports in alignment with the donor’s requirements, in close collaboration with the program department
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic support to the Head of Partnerships in setting and reaching the annual revenue growth target.
- Working closely with the program team (in Switzerland as well as other Plan International offices) to help align existing and potential partners’ interests with strategic programs and projects and where funding gaps exist
- Facilitate systematic partner feedback of the partnership relationship, as well as appropriate action in response to the feedback
- Support in due diligence process and responsibilities in other administrative tasks related to grant and partnership management
Awareness and Representation
- Support and preparation for (online) meeting and events, and potentially represent CHNO at meeting and events
- Commitment to Plan’s position on promoting girls’ rights and gender equality and integrating this into all aspects of work.
- Commitment to safeguarding and to being confident and competent in meeting safeguarding responsibilities
- Level of responsibility for safeguarding children and young people
- A police security clearance check will be required.
- Level of Budgetary Responsibility
- Responsible for minimal income and expenditure budgets
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Your job description may be subject to change. This was created August 2021.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion and able to demonstrate how you have contributed to advancing diversity and inclusion in your work
- Knowledge of and a commitment to girls’ rights and gender equality in Switzerland and internationally
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to Plan International values and to feminist leadership principles and role model these in all aspects of your work
- Pro-active attitude and positive mind-set
Skills and Experience – Essential
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in development work, economics or related field
- Fluent in German and English speaking, and additionally French and/or Swiss German is desired
- Very good relationship management skills and preferably have a network in foundations, institutions and corporates in Switzerland
- Good knowledge of the fundraising landscape (opportunities & challenges) in both Swiss and international contexts
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to think out of the box and propose creative solutions
- Advanced formatting skills in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Skills and Experience – Desirable
- Relevant experience in the not for profit sector
- Knowledge and working experience in programmatic development / humanitarian work and implementation
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to bewerbungen(at)plan.ch before September 19, 2021. For questions, please contact Head of Partnerships Hillechien van der Klaauw, 044 288 90 51.