Finance&Administration Coordinator (80%)
Plan International Switzerland (CHNO) was founded in 2006 and is one of 21 National Organisations (NOs) under the Plan Federation. With a Country Strategy (2020-2024) that aligns to its Global Strategy, CHNO’s program interventions focus on Education, Economic Empowerment and Protection of children, adolescent youth and particularly girls. Plan International Switzerland is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people from all forms of violence and abuse.
Contract Type – Permanent
Reporting to – Head of Operations & Resources
Responsible for– Day to day Finance & Admin functions
To manage the day-to-day finance & administration function and to assist the Head of Operations & Resources to drive Plan Switzerland’s organizational growth and efficiency, we are looking for a Finance Coordinator (80 %) based in our Zürich office from October 1, 2021 or per agreement.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and administering the financial records, systems and processes of the organisation, including accounting, bookkeeping, record keeping, banking, insurance and all related financial and office administration. The position supports the Head of Operations & Resources in the effective financial management and administration of the organisation.
The role ensures that appropriate financial records are maintained and provides accurate and timely financial data and reports to the Management Team (MT) and other departments and assisting staff with administrative matters.
Previous accounting/financial experience is essential and you should also have skills in financial management, administration, database and systems management, budget preparation, and supporting all business operations and key stakeholders through timely provision of information and analysis.
CHNO uses Abacus as its principal accounting system and this role requires multitasking, adherence to timelines, and commitment to operating in a team environment.
Th post holder should have knowledge of the non-profit management in the Swiss context and you have at least 3 years’ experience in the accounting and or business administration areas.
- Accurate and timely month end financial reports with analysis on trends, budget variance and commentary
- The organisation’s inventory and assets are well managed and secured
- Support the Head of Operations for all internal and external audits
- Support the Head of Operations to ensure a robust and accurate monthly payroll process
- Deputise for the Head of Operations and Resources as required
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process all financial transactions including accounts receivable and payable and routine general ledger journals
- Prepare monthly financial statements and liaise with Germany office accounting
- Prepare local and international monthly financial reporting (for MT, Board and Global Hub)
- Responsible for monthly bookkeeping & reconciliations between Abacus, CRM system & Bank Statements
- Completion of monthly bank reconciliations, petty cash and credit card account
- Manage & monitor withholding tax account & invoices
- Carry out financial grants management for CHNO's project portfolio
- Update Project Funding Gaps on monthly basis & share with MT
- Assist Head of Operations in the Annual Planning, Year-end and audit prep work
- Process & book intercompany transactions and reconcile them with GH
- Prepare & submit Travel Data Sheet
- Support the Head of Operations in the processing and calculation of payroll, employee entitlements, PAYG and superannuation remittances. Secure and accurate filing of staff records
Awareness and Representation
- Represent CHNO’s interests in technical groups and forums where required e.g. BIFES DRM
- Commitment to Plan’s position on promoting girls’ rights and gender equality and integrating this into all aspects of work.
- Commitment to safeguarding and to being confident and competent in meeting safeguarding responsibilities
Level of responsibility for safeguarding children and young people:
A police security clearance check will be required.
Level of Budgetary Responsibility:
Responsible for minimal income and expenditure budgets
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Your job description may be subject to change.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion and able to demonstrate how you have contributed to advancing diversity and inclusion in your work
- Knowledge of and a commitment to girls’ rights and gender equality in Switzerland and internationally
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to Plan International values and to feminist leadership principles and role model these in all aspects of your work
Skills and Experience – Essential
- Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Economics, Finance or commercial apprenticeship with significant post qualification experience.
- German and English are essential for this position
- Experienced Abacus software user along with advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in disseminating and sharing complex and technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem solver, flexible and able to handle a large and varied volume of work and responsibilities
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Clear thinking with sound judgement – able to manage competing demands, make effective decisions under pressure and think creatively to come up with solutions to problems
- Able to demonstrate a collaborative approach to leadership and experience of introducing new ways of doing things.
Skills and Experience – Desirable
- Demonstrable relevant experience from the not for profit sector
- Knowledge and working experience in programmatic development / humanitarian work
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a team of passionate people, please forward your resume and cover letter tobewerbungen(at)plan.ch before September 19, 2021. For more information, please send an email. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.